Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Soulstice by Simon Holt

Soulstice is the nail biting, spine tingling sequel to The Devouring. Simon Holt dishes out another horror, nightmare filled novel, as Reggie must battle the Vours not for her brother this time, not even just for herself, but for everyone as she learns just how formidable and organized the Vours are. Where the first book is centered around the Winter Solstice, Soulstice is centered around the Summer Solstice, a day when the line between our world and the Vours is at its lowest, and the Vours are at their most powerful.

Soulstice delivers a whole new world of terror and Fearscapes. Simon Holt is a horror genuis and still had me on pins and needles, sending my mind whirling as new information about the Vours was revealed. Though I logically knew none of it was real, my heart clenched in fear throughout most of the novel. This stunning sequel is just as good as the first, if not better.

My gripe doesn’t even qualify as a real gripe. The book ended with the biggest cliffhanger, and I’m dying for the third book slated to be released in fall 2010.

People I would recommend this to: horror fans, R.L. Stine, Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment